了解Collins Arch的建造: 澳洲最大型的混合式發展
In February, The Urban Developer sat down with the design and development teams behind Australia’s largest mixed-use project to gain a greater understanding of its conception. Since then, we’ve seen this development gain strong traction with potential tenants (since committed), Multiplex have been appointed and construction has commenced, which is due for completion in late 2019.
In our latest update we’ve gained an insight into what exactly goes into the construction of a project with such monumental scale.
Before we do, here is a quick recap of the Collins Arch building program:
49,000sqm of 5-star green certified commercial tenancies that also have a minimum 5 star NABERS rating
WELL Shell and Core rating
A 294 room 5-star W Hotel with a minimum 4-star Green certification
200 residences, split across the 24 upper levels with a minimum 4-star Green certification and 6-star NatHERS rating
900m2 of ground floor and lower ground retail
2000m2 of public park/realm.
And these are the quick facts behind the construction of Collins Arch:
- 55,000m2 of glass
- 55 Precast Mega Columns, some weighing over 40 tons
- Approx. 6,000 tons of reinforcing (reo)
- More than 75,000m3 of concrete (approximately 30 olympic swimming pools)
- Approx. 14km of stainless steel façade spandrel
- A 105 ton building maintenance unit (BMU)
- More than 135,000m3 of excavated soil (approximately 54 olympic swimming pools)
- 4 bridge trusses spanning the two towers approx. 25 ton in weight each suspended 100m above ground level
- More than 6000 workers on site, peaking at approximately 1300 at one time.